Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seek the professional services of a Head Chef for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Objective/Purpose of Job:
- The job holder will be responsible for preparing food for students, and approved faculty putting into mind the right amount of measurements to go round.
- Plan meals that are lightly seasoned to avoid upsetting the stomachs of school-aged children, yet appetizing enough to please the classy palates of adults.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards for health inspections.
- Order food and maintain accurate records for inspection of food orders, and running the kitchen.
- Plan menus according to a fixed budget and following guidelines on nutrition and healthy eating
- Monitor and manage supplies within a budget
- Supervise the work of catering staff, including allocation of duties and work roster
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as chef
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standards of hygiene
- Ability to supervise a team of catering staff
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Method of application:
- Salary is open to negotiation
- Qualified applicants should send CVs using "HCS1’’ as the subject of an email before 30th June 2020.