· Assist with the management of schools for students grades 9 - 12
· Work with district administrators, superintendents, teaching staff, and support staff
· Ensure the smooth running of schools by coordinating a variety of interests, programs, timelines, facility usage, agendas, and budgetary concerns
· Promote high academic and personal expectations for all students and staff members
· Administer disciplinary measures as appropriate after evidence-based discipline breaches have been observed and due process followed
· Enforce disciplinary boundaries to maintain a positive and safe school culture
· Oversee and administer school policies regarding student conduct and discipline
· Oversee systems for collecting and tracking data on school progress toward strategic goals
· Liaise with parents and facilitate parent education about school matters
· Facilitate parental involvement in support of the school and extracurricular activities
· Give presentations to the community and external stakeholders on school culture, academics, and safety
· Be highly present and visible during school hours to monitor school culture
· Organize school events that encourage community connections with the school
· Encourage a variety of strategies and materials that match the philosophy of the school and are consistent with research on learning
· Ensure a safe, orderly environment in which students are responsible for their behavior and which creates high morale among all stakeholders
· Notify authorities regarding violence, vandalism, attendance, and discipline issues within the school. Collaborate with community authorities to the fullest extent regarding these and other safety issues
· Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that engenders respect
· Adhere to the most stringent ethical and professional standards in order to serve as a role model for students, school personnel, and community stakeholders
· Notify authorities, appropriate personnel, and agencies when there is evidence or suspicion of substance abuse, child abuse, or neglect
· Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of each student at the school or its grounds
· Provide regular drills for emergencies and disasters, benchmark progress within the school and with community stakeholders and emergency personnel
· Become a point of friendly contact with students, teachers, parents, and community officials
· Develop effective presentation skills to compel and influence students, staff, parents, and the community about issues of interest to the school
· Maintain all student monies collected via the school for extracurricular activities
· Communicate as appropriate with internal and external stakeholders about the requirements, successes, and general operation of the school
· Oversee the maintenance of and ensure confidentiality of all records, conversations, and information regarding each student
· Attend all staff and committee meetings and those meetings that represent a school-community partnership
· Perform any duties as directed by their superintendent officers
· Oversee the supervision schedule for safe recreation and play space for students on school grounds
Education and Experience
· Masters degree (M. Ed), other relevant post-graduate degree/professional qualification will also be an advantage
· Minimum cognate and working experience of at least 6 years at a management level preferably & at least 3 years as a Vice-Principal
· Good understanding of the British Curriculum.
· Have a critical understanding of the most effective teaching, learning, and behavior management strategies, including how to select and use approaches that personalize learning to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
· Have extensive and deep knowledge and understanding of their subjects/curriculum areas and related pedagogy gained for example, through involvement in wider professional networks associated with their subjects/curriculum areas.
· Have extensive knowledge of matters concerning equality, inclusion, and diversity in teaching.
· Have an excellent ability to provide learners, colleagues, parents, and carers with timely, accurate, and constructive feedback on learners’ attainment, progress, and areas for development that promotes pupil progress
· Understanding of differentiation in learning of the pupils.
Skill and Competencies
The prospect must demonstrate:
· Leadership and effective supervision skills
· Performance evaluation skills.
· Decision-making skills
· Time management skills.
· Team building skills.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
· Stress management skills
· Strong People management skills
· Excellent IT skills