• Requesting and reviewing supplier quotations from a commercial standpoint.
• Processing requisition data through the ERP system
• Periodic negotiation of material rates.
• Expediting and ensuring timely deliveries.
• Maintaining supplier relationships and master data.
• Spend analysis.
• Financial reporting.
• Liaising with project managers to set & maintain budgets.
• Applying and engaging in LEAN initiatives within the purchasing process where possible.
• Investigation and evaluation of new potential suppliers, recommending those most desirable to senior management.
• Negotiating with partners for the recovery of defective products during the warranty period.
• First Degree in Supply Management, Finance, Business or any other relevant field
• Professional of Chartered Institute of Procurement (CIPS), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or recognized equivalent
• Construction Industry Dynamics
• Procurement Processes
• Holistically Manage Risk
• Enhance Sustainability
• Improve Supplier Relationships
• Participate in a Global Market
• Involve New Technology
• Lead in Innovation
• Develop Financial Skills
• Analytic Skills
• Minimum of 4 years post NYSC relevant experience in similar roles