Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seek the professional services of Early Years Teachers for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- The job holder will be responsible for supporting children’s learning and support the lead teacher manage a classroom of children who are five years or younger. His/her aim would be to motivate children and use resources to help them learn. The focus is on the development of these children in preparation for a successful transition into primary school.
- Help organize the classroom and plan intellectual activities for children, per the lead teacher's requests.
- Set up equipment and helping to prepare the classroom for lessons and tidying up afterwards.
- Help pupils develop independent learning skills, manage their own learning and prioritise their time.
- Interact with children, prepare snacks, teach children about numbers, colours and shapes, help them get dressed and change their diapers when needed.
- Assist in maintaining high standards of health and safety at all times and offer support to colleagues and parents.
- Undertake pupil record keeping and updating learning records, data and producing reports as required.
- Carry out supervisory duties at lunch and playtimes as required.
- Safeguard the children, including caring for them and supervising them at all times.
- Track children's progress and feeding this back to the lead Teacher.
- Take part in development progress review meetings and provide feedback to parents and careers.
- Help with school trips, events and outings.
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
- Respect and fondness for children
- Ability to plan the children's day and respond to their different needs
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Applicants must show passion and enthusiasm and be a productive member of the team
- Positive energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, and patience
- Creative and able to use initiative around the nursery
- Leadership qualities, able to act as a positive role model to children and other staff, kind happy and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to work independently with children
- Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children
- NCE/B.Ed and knowledge/experience with the Montessori or Early Years Education
- At least 2-4 years of Early Years Teaching experience in standard and structured schools
- Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
- Salary is open to negotiation
· Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to using ‘AB-EYTA’ as the subject of mails before 30th June 2020. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.