Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seek the professional services of a Kitchen Assistant for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Objective/Purpose of Job:
- The Kitchen Assistant will assist the Chef and other kitchen staff in order to meet the demand for food for the students.
- Take inventory of ingredients to ensure nothing is running low, cutting up vegetables, preparing lunch and snacks for the children and approved faculty.
- Undertake food preparation tasks, as directed by the head chef
- Prepare ingredients, clean vegetables, observing correct cooking times and temperatures, using cooking equipment, utensils and machinery.
- Restock the storeroom in accordance with the chef’s instructions, for bringing ingredients into the kitchen and for ensuring food is packed and stored in accordance with all applicable food hygiene and safety regulations.
- Ensure the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Keep all pots, pans and kitchen utensils clean and in order as well as dispose of trash
- Maintain the kitchen by cleaning prep areas before and after use and making sure that all knives and critical equipment are clean
- In emergencies, the kitchen assistant must be able to stand in for the Chef without the quality being affected.
- Any other duty assigned by the chef.
- 2 year + proven experience as a Kitchen Assistant
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to follow instruction and work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standards of hygiene
- Good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Method of application:
- Salary is open to negotiation
- Qualified applicants should send CVs Using ‘KSS’ as the subject of an email before 30th June 2020.