- Consulting with clients to understand their goals and explaining research results
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Creating product prototypes
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- UX designer must have a solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies, and of wireframing tools such as Axure RP and Balsamiq.
- A good grasp of design programs and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and InVision is also necessary.
- UX designer must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current.
- You frequently work with user interface designers, web developers and graphic designers.
Professional experience and skills
- UX designer is expected to be self-directed but also collaborative. They must possess superb communication, time-management and process-management skills. Keen problem-solving and organizational abilities are necessary among other soft skills. Creativity, passion and attention to detail are also keys to success in this field. Always play up the aforementioned strengths when interviewing for UX roles.
- UX designer is typically required to have a bachelor’s degree in visual design, communications, computer science or psychology. Previous design experience is often required.
- As a UX Designer, you will plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis, you'll interpret data and qualitative feedback, you will create user stories, personas and storyboards. You will determine information architecture and create sitemaps, You will translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- You will help execute our product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- You will identify design problems and devise elegant solutions. You will make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features. You will take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs. You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders You will ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- You’ll be joining a team of highly motivated individuals where everyone (including you) continues to learn about serving customers with empathy and care.
- We are very supportive, we step in when problems arise and give feedback quickly on how to help each other grow.
- We are obsessed with lots of things - excellent customer experience, quick dispute resolution, a friendly work atmosphere and creating beautiful products.
- One or more years of UX design experience.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.