Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides utility engineering knowledge on utilities, particularly large diameter pipelines and sewers.
- Ensures contractor compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards and QA/QC systems, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews utility submittals including vendors, shop drawings and utility drawings, surge analysis reports and specifications for compliance with the Contract requirements and design intent.
- Comply with project QA/QC procedures.
- Consults with other discipline leaders to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for scheduled completion of construction.
- Support the needs of other discipline leads for input to their efforts.
- Supports the construction management team during construction and commissioning.
- Provides advice concerning design or scope changes identified for review.
- Regularly visit the site to inspect the utility installation progress and identify non-conformance.
- Provide utility-related insight on construction issues.
- Arrange regular meetings with the contractor to review progress on utility submittals and site issues.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in civil /M & E engineering or a related field of engineering
- 3 years and above experience in;
- Operation and control of Gas and Diesel Generators
- Power plant equipment maintenance planning and execution
- Electrical/Mechanical repairs and troubleshooting on power plant equipment
- Power plant load balancing and management.
- Spare parts monitoring and control.
- Fuel storage tanks usage and monitoring.
- Proven ability to perform in a technical lead capacity.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.