- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Leads, guides, and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Operates and maintains medium voltage switchgear and controls; may repair and maintain motor control centers and programmable logic controls.
- Troubleshoots and repairs primary distribution system malfunctions such as ground fault tracing and cable replacement.
- Plans electrical primary system extensions to power secondary systems.
- May perform work of lower level electricians.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Reads, employs, and updates electrical panel schedules and building or system blueprints.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
NABTEB / Trade Test 1, 2, & 3