As the Ubuntu Quality Engineering Manager, you must be passionate about the future of Ubuntu, mindful of the dynamics of the open source ecosystem, and equally aware of mission critical requirements. You will work closely with the various teams involved in creating Ubuntu and influence their practices to improve quality in every step of Ubuntu engineering. Your goal is to rethink the way a Linux distro approaches quality - bringing together automation, third-party analysis tooling, feedback loops from the community and user base, and our own test capabilities. Your team will monitor, develop and improve the quality of the Ubuntu System, to drive quality excellence and best DevOps practices among Ubuntu Desktop, Server, Containers and VM at package, system and cluster levels.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Setup and maintain continuous integration for all supported deliverables
- Define and monitor quality metrics
- Develop a team with a culture of high quality and performance
- Work from home with international travel twice per year for up to two weeks
- You have a strong software engineering, Linux, and open source background
- Your technical knowledge includes C/C++, Python programming and Shell scripting
- You have experience with data science to support data-driven quality strategies
- You have experience with quality processes and continuous integration tools and principles
- You have engineering management experience and enjoy growing people
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.