Medessy Enterprises Limited is a transportation solution provider
situated in Lagos, Nigeria and we are looking for experienced and motivated truck
drivers to join our company. As a
Truck Driver, you will be responsible for delivering clients orders for our
logistics department in a safe, reliable and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Transport finished goods and raw materials strictly for our clients
· Daily inspection of vehicle to ensure vehicle is in optimum condition and is safe to operate. Also, to report defects, accidents or violations.
· Ensure all vehicle registration documents are in place at all times and are renewed before expiration.
· Plan best route options to ensure you meet delivery schedules
· Ensure that vehicles are driven safely so as not to endanger yourself as well as other road users.
· Comply with all set rules and regulations
· Ensure that vehicles are always clean and neat
· Drivers and assistants should always accurately represent the company by being on their best behavior.
· Drivers and assistant must ensure personal hygiene at all time and must not present looks that will be offensive to our customers.
· Ensure you have an assistant (motor boy) at all times while on the job.
· Team player with good communication skills
· Adaptable and willing to learn new ways of operating
· Deep sense of honesty and integrity
· Good organization and planning skills
· Entrepreneurial and commercial awareness
Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum of Senior School Certificate
· Should be above 35 years
· Valid and current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – category G
· Minimum of 5 years professional truck/trailer driving experience
· Must have a clean driving track record with no violations
· Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large articulated vehicles
· Physically fit and able to sit for long hours
· Personnel must be of a sound mind and not addicted to drugs or alcohol. Drug or alcohol usage is completely prohibited.
· Sound knowledge of truck/trailers so you can perform minor maintenance work and give accurate on the spot assessment on vehicle performance when required.
· Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator
· Able to work extended hours, weekends and holidays as needed