- Ensured timely processing and funding of LCs and Bills for the Collection for (5) lines for Obajana Plant after obtaining approval.
- Ensured timely processing of foreign direct payments and follow-up with the banks for quick remittance
- Ensure collection of telexes and filling it with the relevant supporting documents.
- Reviewing debits in the statements in respect of transactions processed and raising all necessary entries for posting by the Accounts Department
- Maintains and Update LC Registers, Dom Account Payment Registers, and other Remittance Registers
- Preparation of list of pending payments and submission of same for management approval for payments.
- Preparation of daily balances and collection reports for Navy Team
- Ensure provision of relevant documents to account in case of reconciling items relating to daily, mid-month, and monthly reconciliation statements to the reconciliation team for immediate clearing.
- Assist in the processing of Statutory Payments for NIMASA, NPA, Vessel Charter, and Demurrage thereof in respect of consignments for Gypsum, Coal, LPFO & AGO.
- Ensured proper and orderly filing of documents to enhance easy storage and retrieval by handing over documents for auto-scanning, archiving, and maintaining hard copies for a reasonable period before disposal.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- 3 - 6 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Treasury best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development