- Liaise with Global Trade Department and Banks on all LCs processed for all plants and ensuring update of LCs register.
- Liaise with all plants in respect of pending import documentation for spares, equipment, and raw materials for cement manufacturing.
- Maintain registers of all forms M showing update on issuance, LC establishment, and unutilized balances.
- Advise all processed LCs to the Plants immediately on receipt of transmitted telexes from the bank.
- Preparation of approval memos for funding & payment of Letters of Credit
- Generate a letter for funds transfers to banks for funding of operations accounts for FX Bids through CBN & Interbank Purchases.
- Review bank statements for debits in respect of LCs cost and Trade Line Charges and forward them to accounts for immediate posting.
- Prepare daily balances and sales collection reports
- Analyse daily statements of accounts and ensure all exceptions are taken up for appropriate corrections either by the bank or by Treasury Unit.
- Generate Account Statements to reconcile payments that have been made for CBN Bids or LCs establishment.
- Supervise Proper and orderly filing by providing necessary documents to the Scanning Officer to enhance easy storage and retrieval
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and the Group Treasurer & RCFO / GCFO
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- 3 - 6 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Treasury best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development