- Work to generate new leads and meet sales goals as established by the company.
- Plan and organize travels by booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation for clients.
- Make travel planning easier for clients and ensure they have experienced the best trip possible.
- Stay in touch with market trends to identify best fares and price
options to suit client’s specification.
- Research information on client’s travel plans and relay important information including weather conditions and required travel documents e.g. Visas and Passport.
- Coordinate with other business partners in the travel community to facilitate a positive experience for clients.
- Keeping clients up to date with any changes.
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints.
- Collaborate within the team to develop and implement company strategies to achieve company goals.
- Uncover new destinations to find the best trips for a particular travel purpose, whether it be business-related or for personal leisure.
- Timely reporting.
Key Skills and Qualities
- Ability to bring new clients to the company.
- Proven work experience as a Travel Agent (5-Years)
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservations systems: at least two GDS platforms.
- Possess a robust network of clients and collaborators in the travel
and hospitality sector.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite: MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel routes and trends.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationship with clients.
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness.
- Great customer service skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to bring clients to Chimik.
- A passion for the travel industry.
- Proven work experience in the travel and hospitality industry - in both Business Development and Operations.
- A certificate in at-least two GDS platforms.
- An attitude focused on innovation, efficiency,
and taking ownership of challenges.
- Top-notch computer skills (MS office tools).
- Passion for mentoring and developing others (i.e. sharing knowledge).
- Travel, tourism, leisure, business studies or management certificate holders may be at an advantage.
Other Attractive Qualifications
- Customer service skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability to respond quickly to a shifting reality and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly.