1. Coordinate with all department managers to determine transport requirements and schedule transport to meet them.
2. Assist with assessments of local transportation resources and infrastructure, and the contracting of transportation assets;
3. Coordinate the movement of vehicles and other transportation assets;
4. Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all vehicles and buses.
5. Create and/or modify various systems to manage the movement of vehicles and personnel;
6. Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc.
7. Ensure sufficient supply of fuel and oil.
8. Manage fuel requests, fuel stocks (fuel farm or supplier agreements) and spare parts inventories;
9. Produce monthly fuel and vehicle use reports, “work orders,” etc.
10. Install and maintain the Vehicle Management System (VMS); ensure that data is input regularly and that required reports are produced.
11. Hire, train and supervise drivers.
Act as liaison between CRS and local government agencies and personnel necessary to keep the CRS vehicle fleet legal and roadworthy.
1. Minimum 2 years experience managing a transport department
2. University degree
3. Recognized ability to work as part of a team
4. Significant experience in fleet management and / or logistics
5. Understanding of policies and procedures governing the management of motorized assets and the contracting of transportation services
6. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
7. Strong negotiating skills
8. Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to creatively and quickly find solutions to problems
9. Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
10. Experience managing inventories (e.g., asset and spare part stock management)
11. Fluency (writing, reading, speaking) in English
12. Computer experience: Windows systems, MS Word and MS Excel;
13. Conscientious with excellent sense of judgment