KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Schedule, organize, direct and control all day-to-day Land transport activities in a safe and efficient manner ensuring added value opportunities are maximized and optimizing customer satisfaction.
2. In conjunction with Logistics manager and Site Engineers oversees all activities relating to security of trucks, which also includes supply and discharge of construction materials by trucks Perform checks of all vehicles to ensure that they are in working condition.
3. Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
4. Keep logs regarding the total distance which is traveled by the vehicles
5. Supervise drivers and ensure that resources are used to maximum productivity.
6. Prepare cost estimates of vehicle, spare parts, equipment and manpower.
7. Supervise the development and maintenance of the company’s transport safety policies, maintenance rules/regulations, and Motor Transport standard operating procedures (SOPs)
8. Supervise drivers’ tests and maintain all records of testing and license.
9. Advice on the serviceability of vehicular equipment in use and on the disposal of the equipment deemed unserviceable or beyond economical repair.
Cost savings on fleets
Internal Service ratings
Number of exceptions raised by
PROCESS & OTHERS
Turn Around Time
- Good knowledge of Nigeria traffic rules and
- Excellent inventory management skills
- Knowledge of safety regulation
- Transportation planning and coordination skill
- Stakeholder management
- Conflict resolution skill
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders.
- Attention to details
Good mechanical background.
Very good organizing ability
Ability to diagnose vehicular problems
Good negotiation skills and ability to influence others to reach a consensus
Good relationship skills and ability to deal with different kind of people including drivers, staff members.
- A first degree
- Minimum of 5 years proven working experience as Transport Officer