We lead transactions for Africa’s most innovative businesses and local and global investors, having closed >$1 billion of capital over the past 10 years. We work closely with >500 global venture capital and private equity firms, family offices, development finance institutions, and HNWIs to deploy capital and develop new financial products, for example, blended finance, structured credit, and off-balance sheet securities. As a member of our Capital Markets team, you will get exposure to a wide range of transactions and international investors, representing businesses and investors on raises across equity, debt, quasi-equity, and blended capital as well as fund structuring projects.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
You will help originate new business, engage regularly with our global investor network, and manage teams of Analysts and Associates. This role is a 2+ year career-track role, with promotion potential to OCA’s senior management and potential future election to Partner. Examples of our past work include raising Series A venture rounds for African fintech, co-creating VentureBuilder, a blended finance fund to scale solar energy access, and structuring debt raises across agriculture and healthcare. You will join us at an exciting time – we are seeking to achieve broad, ambitious growth goals, and leverage our strong international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space. As we look to deepen our reach in the broader African market, there will continue to be many opportunities to engage in project work regionally. The right candidate should be excited and genuinely motivated by the challenging strategic and financial questions we answer for our clients.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for exceptional professionals who share our motivation and drive to achieve impact. You should be comfortable assuming high levels of responsibility for our clients and teams, performing excellent work with high attention to detail, contributing fresh ideas, and taking pleasure in the impact we try to achieve with every client. Our team is energetic and driven and we are quick to reward performance and initiative.
We seek candidates with the following experience:
- 5 - 10 years of experience at a top investment bank, private investment firm, or in a lead finance role within a corporation with significant experience in structuring transactions in equity, debt, or across financial products;
- Significant experience structuring transactions, with strong technical experience in financial modeling, term sheets, and documentation;
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds;
- Interest in guiding teams and mentoring our analysts & junior team members;
- Experience working in Africa is preferred but not required.
Location: Accra, Ghana