Site Lead/Breeder Manager
- Ensure good management of flocks assigned to you following the breed manual and approved SOPs, liaising with your direct report for optimum deployment of available resources
- Raise daily requisitions of feed and other inputs required for management of assigned flock from pre-placement to culling and submit to your direct report for approval
- Develop workplan and drive task to accomplishment on day-to-day basis
- Support in supervision of farm operatives to ensure:
- proper management of flocks under your section.
- Adherence to existent biosecurity standards and improving on it
- proper maintenance of farm equipment and facilities under your section.
- Adequate record keeping
- Provide innovative ideas that can facilitate achievement of the operational business objectives
- Support in on the job training of farm attendants and other assignees on approved management practices which guarantees result
- Supervise drugs and vaccines administration on assigned flocks following recommended dosage or as otherwise directed by the unit manager.
- Ensure timely reporting of observed abnormality of the flock, fault or inefficiency of any facilities in your area of assignment to your direct report for charting of corrective action
- Keep accurate record of flock population and day-to-day management, submit daily activity report in line with given format as well as production report of every batch managed not later than 24hours after completion of culling to your direct report
- Carry-out other functions that may be assigned to you by your direct report or farm manager from time-to-time in attainment of the department goals
- Finance & Account, Internal Audit, Procurement, Hatchery
- External Auditors
- Good knowledge of Poultry Science and Health management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Competencies Requirements & Desired Personal Attributes:
- Good Oral and Written Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Relation Skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Pro-activeness and ability to work under pressure