- The trainee assistant will assist the founder and administration assistant of the company ddyanamicd Nigeria limited and other ventures. The founder is an entrepreneur with interest in hospitality, import and export, aeronautics consulting, freight forwarding, customs brokerage, cargo and air travel.
- The Ventures are all in their infancy I.e new startups and your role will be to assist the founder in all the business functions e.g marketing, ops, financial management, purchasing, as well as personal errands. The work environment is hands-on with ongoing training, development, guidance and self-improvement.
- As stated above, trainee Admin assistants will be required to work in all business functional areas in addition to their core area of competence. This is because most graduates from Nigerian higher institutions, may not have chosen their field of study based on passion and interest, but rather most likely they studied what was available. You will be given the opportunity to discover your interest and passion by exposure to numerous fields.
- When you come in, you will be taught how we operate and carry out business functions. Areas of strengths will be identified, and as the ventures grow and expand, you will specialize in your strong areas, with the possibility of future promotion to a leadership trainee, business function leader, and so on. The trainee Admin assistant reports to the Admin Assistant.
- Candidates with higher education in any discipline will be considered and are preferred. However, we do not believe in certificates but EVIDENCE. Secondary school leaver can also apply and where they demonstrate basic skills and knowledge of interest to us, they will be considered.
Ideal candidates will have good knowledge, interest passion or skills in any one of these:
- Transport and logistics
- International trade and commerce
- Financial management
The ideal person will carry out core competence tasks listed above, in addition to any other tasks assigned in any business area.
- Assist with admin duties from time to time such as data entry into spreadsheets, software, filling etc
- Typing of formal letters, email, documents and reports as directed etc.
- Running official and personal errands for MD in and outside Lagos but mostly in Lagos, which will include but not limited to going to banks to carry out authorised banking transactions, visits to government agencies NCAA, NAMA, NEPC, FAAN, customs, NDLEA etc
- Receive phone calls, read emails and reply as directed by MD
- Supervise workers, equipment suppliers, service providers and act as an artisan such as plumbers, electricians, labourers and the like as directed by MD.
- Personal and official errands such as grocery shopping, other shopping etc.
- Helping out with the purchase of car fuel etc
- Research and report findings as directed
- Managing room reservation platforms
- Typing newsletter and using various computer software to create marketing materials
- Producing spreadsheets
- Supervision of housekeepers
- Record keeping
- Recording of all daily transactions in journals
- Creation and editing of financial and other documents
- Customer service
- The above list is not exhaustive, founder or Admin assistant can assign you with any reasonable duties.
- Computer and smartphone literate especially word, spreadsheets, be able to research and find things on the internet, must know how to use video internet call applications
- Ability to drive or ride a motorcycle very desirable (must have a valid drivers license)
- Having an international passport is desired but not essential
- Lagos street smart must be able to navigate with ease around the city using public transport to locate various addresses from time to time.
- Ownership of a smartphone and laptop computer capable of receiving and sending emails, internet and taking pictures
- Must be neat tidy and presentable at all times
- To use initiative and require very minimal supervision within reason
- Good command of the English language written and spoken
- Minimum ND in accountancy or law
- Max 30 years old
- Knowledge of current world affairs, interest in aviation, agriculture, travel added advantage
- Must have a bank account for salary payment
- Honesty and integrity
- Live on the Ikeja mainland so that he or she can come to work at Ikeja GRA easily
- Prior work experience in industry areas listed above desired.
- Must be will to work overnight if required
- Writing and editing of manuals and reports
To be considered for selection, kindly send the following via email to
- Detailed CV
- Handwritten application letter for the position of trainee Admin assistant
- Full body picture
- WAEC or NECO certificate
- Higher education in any field
- Scan government identity card
- Birth certificate
- If shortlisted based on the above-listed documents, you will be required to come to the office for a written test and interview./ if successful you will start and orientation program.
SALARY IS 53,000 AND N80,000 AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF TRAINING.
WORK SCHEDULE: 5 DAYS A WEEK INCLUDING SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT WORK ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS. SALARY IS N53,000 AND N80,000 AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF TRAINING.