Duties & Responsibility
- Lead a progressive and innovative terminal operation, which meet all regulatory, legislative, and procedural requirements.
- To understand the commercial drivers of the business and establish relationships to create opportunities to enhance terminal operations
- Develop and build relationships with shipping companies, handling agents, and associated business partners in providing a seamless service to customers which maximizes all retail and revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with other business departments and assist in strategies to increase income and service deliveries.
- Liaise closely with management teams in various company business units and in other group companies to ensure that all of the businesses co-operate and work effectively together in the best interests of the company and the customers
- Manage operational budgets in line with forecasts and ensure financial process integrity at all times.
- Take advantage of any a business opportunity that is presented as well as seeking out new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers, regulatory organizations such as Nigerian Port Authorities (NPA), Customs, other relevant shipping companies and associated service providers.
- Maintain and update all important Terminal documentation, support planning for future developments.
- Ensure team members are kept up to date with business and department developments.
- Lead, motivate and inspire enthusiasm team members to ensure the continued contribution of the terminal operations team in delivering customer excellence and ensure proficiency in their duties and task.
• At least seven years' experience of commercial terminal bond operations management.
• Degree in any related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Good leadership skills
• Team player
• Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
• Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
• Possess strong problem-solving skills