Scale Customer Engagements:
- Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently.
- Uses knowledge of customer context, solution or portfolio expertise, and technical and industry knowledge to build credibility with customers.
- Leads and ensures technical wins for core and adjacent technologies by leading technical discussions with customers and establishing rules of engagement (e.g., role boundaries, handoff strategies) for extended teams, leveraging the knowledge of processes (e.g., Managed Service Provider [MSP], Managed Certified Professional [MCP]), tools, and programs (e.g., FastTrack, End Customer Investment Funds [ECIFs]). Searches for customer references to use in engagements.
- Leverages foundational knowledge of resources (e.g., roles, Microsoft Technology Center [MTC] [MTC], demo sites, virtual sites) and proactively engages product teams (e.g., engineering) to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
Scale Through Partners:
- Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by acting as a liaison between the partner and team and facilitating partner resources and processes throughout the course of the project.
- Supports partner technical capacity by identifying skill and resource gaps and providing feedback to internal teams (e.g., One Commercial Partner [OCP]).
- Captures core competitive knowledge and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop competitive strategies for assigned customers.
- Provides strategic, technical, and partner input based on Microsoft capability at the account level to contribute to strategy development, leveraging partner, competitor, or open-source knowledge.
- Works with account teams to shape strategic win plans and tailor Microsoft messaging to audiences using knowledge of customer feedback, specific Microsoft solutions, and their context in a competitive landscape.
Solution Design and Proof:
- Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations (e.g., architectural design sessions, and proof of concept [POC] sessions) of products, services, and integration through initial engagements. Leverages partner/customer teams as needed to prove capabilities and integration into the customer environment.
- Presents and applies architecture patterns to partners or customers and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft Solutions.
- Applies sales methodologies (e.g., challenger sales) and coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer business needs.
- Builds their own readiness plan and proactively identifies learning gaps. Grows domain knowledge and practices expertise by communicating with customers, partners, and senior colleagues to expand knowledge of architecture.
- Demonstrates new and updated products to increase internal virtual teams' understanding of solutions and new opportunities.
- Monitors and responds to internal tech community posts, attend community calls, sessions, hackathons, etc., and acts as a mentor for their technology area.
- 7+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting, or related experience
OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- Certification in relevant technologies or disciplines (e.g., D365 Cloud Platform Technologies)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.