We are looking for an Application Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our production applications and services. You will be responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of our production applications by supporting, monitoring and driving optimizations while also providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements. You will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
What you’ll get to do
- Provide tier two application support to production systems and identify any issue in production.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to fix bugs.
- Participate in regular rotations for weekday and weekend on-call coverage, providing emergency support to customers, or working with the SRE team to coordinate incident communications.
- Monitor performance metrics for various production systems, identify root cause for all technical issues and work with the engineering team to resolve them.
- Manage team ticket queue and resolve in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain accurate technical, software operations and support related documentation.
- Work with software vendors to have application issues fixed, both short term and long term (root cause).
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting software applications.
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in a support or other service-oriented customer facing role.
- Experience in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
- Experience being on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what's going on.
- Basic Understanding of OOP concepts and other programming concepts.
- In depth knowledge of SQL databases particularly MYSQL.
- Familiarity with basic network concepts and tools.
- Experience troubleshooting using stack traces and log file.
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration, delivery, and deployment principles
- Experience interacting with APIs and troubleshooting related requests.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.