- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist.
- Provide hands-on technical support to the Sub-Recipients supporting the state engagement component, ensuring the highest level of project management skills are applied to the overall grant management results
- Support the implementation of the activities of the State Engagement component (covering CSS and integrated service delivery) of the RSSH grant.
- Support the SR to develop concept notes and guidance documents in relation to interventions and activities
- Lead SR to conduct periodic programme reviews and development performance improvement plans
- Support capacity building for the corresponding Community Engagement component sub-recipient (SR) staff and the state staff.
- Support ISS and community led-monitoring interventions program design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Support the implementation of the project learning agenda for improved outputs and outcomes.
- Support strengthening of the project implementing teams at national and state levels
- Document programmatic status and achievements and feedback to the Senior Technical Specialist on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts, and publications.
- Represent the project within the state and local levels.
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences, Social sciences, or other related Field; Plus Master’s degree in Public Health, medical sciences or social sciences or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ field level professional experience in supporting community systems and state structures at the national and sub-national levels
- Experience implementing quality improvement interventions at community level for HIV, TB & Malaria programs, including ISS.
- Good understanding of the Civil Society Organization (CSO) networks’ structures and operations
- Experience in mentoring and coaching of community level implementers
- Working experience in management of public health laboratory commodities pipeline.
- Experience working in complex stakeholder environments especially characterized by multiple tiers of governments, variety of implementers, heavy outsourcing, Significant Donor presence.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Duration of contract: 33 months