- Provide analytical support on health financing and economics activities, including desk-based research, literature review, and quantitative analysis.
- Lead the support to the Federal Ministry of Health for the development of a financial sustainability plan for HIV, TB, and Malaria. The support will include to review the data collection tools for the situational analysis and make recommendations on the DRM strategies to be included in the sustainability plan
- Provide technical support to the Lagos state team in HIV Integration and DRM efforts
- Provide health financing technical advice to the national and state teams
- Provide knowledge management support and prepare knowledge management documents on project accomplishments and lessons learned.
- Lead the design, preparation, and facilitation of roundtable engagements and workshops with stakeholders as necessary (e.g., from Donor, Private, and Government agencies).
- Develop bi-weekly and quarterly reports of program progress and accomplishments and track program performance
- Contribute sections to several reports for USAID and the HP+ website
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the Country Director.
- Master's Degree in Health Financing, Health Economics, Public Health or other related disciplines
- At least 5 years Experience in Health Systems Strengthening, Health Financing, and Project Management
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong program management and supervisory skills.
- Track record of engaging government stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations
- Appropriate skills necessary to conduct research and develop policy briefs
- Familiarity and experience with USAID reporting guidelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Health Financing and Economic Analysis (40%):
- Experience leading the development of a financial sustainability plan for HIV, TB and/or Malaria.
- The support will include to review the data collection tools for the situational analysis and make recommendations on the DRM strategies to be included in the sustainability plan
- Experience conducting health/economic analysis, research, literature review, quantitative analysis
- Relevant work experience with HIV Integration and DRM efforts.
Program management and previous work with Federal Ministry of Health and USAID (40%):
- Project management experience including health financing
- Relevant work experience with the Federal Ministry of Health
- Relevant work experience with USAID
- Relevant educational background.
Related Skills (20%):
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong English writing, oral communication, and reporting skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness. Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.