Duties & Responsibilities:
- Risk evaluation and recommendation of loan applications within the Commercial and SME business units entails
- Identifying, quantifying, and evaluating sources of risk in relation to the profitability of business proposals and financial viability of bank clients as a whole.
- Obtaining necessary documents for credit reviews from the RM's
- Evaluation and recommendation of credit requests to the necessary approving authorities which include Full Board, Board Credit Committee, Management Credit Committee, and others depending on the deal size and complexity of the credit request.
- Ensure that credit proposals meet sound credit criteria;
- Calculate and provide qualitative and quantitative risk rating or score or score for loan applicants prior to credit review;
- Provide detailed and timely reports with regards to Credit Analysis Activities;
- Review and provide feedback to the business units with regards to the completed loan applications or any major change in the course of the review.;
- Engage on credit call visits with the Relationship Management Team in a bid to improve the quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.;
- Training (on the job) for new credit risk intakes and relationship management staff.
- Undertake special duties/assignments as directed by the Team Lead, Unit Head, CCO, CRO, other Executive Directors, CRECO and Board.
- Minimum academic qualification of a first degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Minimum Experience of 3 - 4 years post qualification experience in risk management or related area within the financial services industry
- Understanding of UBN’s credit policy;
- Knowledge of CBN and other regulatory bodies policies;
- Knowledge and experience of market segments;
- Knowledge of best practices
- Mandatory knowledge of CBN Prudential Guidelines
- Knowledge and experience of other relevant regulatory policies and guidelines
- Credit Risk/Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of portfolio management
- Strong Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of credit policies and credit processes
- Good knowledge of market base and customer base