- Strong academic qualifications (a PhD would be desirable) in health development and initiative evaluation, international development, management, or related field. Desired
- A minimum of 10 years or more in managing large donor or government funded programs, demonstrated exceptional technical expertise in high-level and high- quality health sector program.
• Strong expertise and experience in designing and implementing development programs in rural areas in Africa.
• Demonstrated experience in managing funds, preferably in the Health Sector.
• A track record of structuring and managing Project-based Grants aimed at supporting the Most Vulnerable Populations, strengthening Healthcare systems and expanding rural and community focused universal health access, ideally funds created by multilateral development donors and/or development finance institutions.
• Experience managing reporting relationships with government stakeholders and large development finance organizations is highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of the global Health sector and global development context and agenda.