The ideal candidate should:
· Have at least 6 years’ experience in working with a travel agency or an airline.
· Be able to manage and lead the travel agency.
· Have the ability to liase and work with regulators NANTA, NCAA, IATA etc.
· Have the ability to develop and implement sound processes into place.
· Have a strong understanding and experience with travel and tours packages, hotel reservations, destination travels, visa assistance services, travel insurance etc.
· Have a strong understanding of the global GDS systems including Amadeus, Galileo and Sabre.
· Be able to build, grow and expand the new agency.
· Have the ability to develop and implement marketing strategies to grow incremental sales for the agency.
· Have the ability to research and identify growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
· Be able to initiate, implement and keep abreast of trends and changes in the travel business world.
· Must possess an in depth knowledge of current industry regulations.
· Should be able to demonstrate a high level of self-direction and orientation to achieve results.
· Should be able to maintain the confidence of customers.