We are looking for an experienced Team Lead, Fraud Desk that will support TeamApt Limited and play a key role in enhancing customer experience by minimizing the likelihood of fraud in TeamApt’s operations. The role would entail working with relevant internal stakeholders across the Product team, Engineering team, Operations team, Risk & Compliance team, Legal team amongst others. In addition, the role would entail attending to requests from relevant law enforcement agencies in relation to fraud matters.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:7 years
As a Team Lead, Fraud Desk, you would:
- Shape and drive the fraud operations vision and strategy for TeamApt.
- Spearhead the strategy and execution for fraud prevention, detection and investigation with a view to preventing/reducing the likelihood of fraud.
- Pro-actively monitor and identify suspicious trends and patterns, suggesting preventative actions and improvements to current procedures, policies, and systems.
- Lead members of the Fraud Desk team to reach their potential, in terms of personal development and performance as a group.
- Achieve continuous improvements in TeamApt’s fraud processes and OKRs, such as false positives to achieve the optimum balance between protecting TeamApt’s business from loss and promoting growth.
- Partner with the Engineering, Risk and Data teams amongst others to create optimum fraud models, systems and tools.
- Develop and expand partnerships with external fraud partners to ensure that TeamApt is utilising adequate fraud prevention and detection tools.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and regulatory changes to identify and validate future requirements and opportunities.
- Develop knowledge of internal data, including user behavior metrics, and payment infrastructure to gain insights into fraud patterns and to further advance TeamApt’s fraud strategy.
- Anticipate risks and in doing so, define appropriate fraud prevention and detection processes, and communicate action plans to stakeholders as required.
- Build the capabilities to scale by analysing high-risk transactions within TeamApt’s business portfolio.
- Identify system enhancements to prevent fraudulent activities, and work with relevant internal stakeholders for implementation.
- Define & finetune fraud detection systems used in processing of electronic payment transactions.
- Act as a subject matter expert for fraud prevention and detection, and work with teams on how to leverage efficient processes and technology
- Set up processes for Monitoring of high-risk accounts / transactions and escalation to the Compliance team for STR filing where appropriate.
- Review and testing of various business units within TeamApt on control and compliance functions to ensure full compliance with internal group policies as well as regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with relevant law enforcement agencies in matters related to fraud.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems or related fields.
- Preferably 6 – 8 years of practical experience in managing fraud risk, controls and issues within the financial services industry.
- A strong knowledge of cyber risk and common fraud typologies, along with emerging trends affecting fraud and financial crime.
- Strong understanding of internet technologies and protocols and how the manipulation of such can be prevented.
- Experience working with and designing fraud processes, with a high level of automation through ML/AI solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate experience building relationships across the payment and fraud ecosystem, benefiting from the experiences and knowledge of others.
- Strong understanding of the payments technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn the business needs, processes, software, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.