- Tally receipt/dispatch of commodities including the transformation of commodities during internal milling operations, identify and report to the supervisor any anomalies, to support accurate and effective commodity management in the warehouse.
- Implement and maintain accurate stacking and assist in conducting periodic physical inventory checks following the established guidelines and standards, to support compliance with internal control procedures and systems.
- Prepare accurate tally reports including efficient preparation and distribution of tally sheets to relevant parties, to ensure consistent and prompt accountability for commodity movement from/to and storage in the warehouse.
- Supervise the warehouse cleaning after loading/unloading and reconstitution exercises, to ensure the WFP warehouse meets the established standards.
Other specific job requirements:
- Demonstrates ability to carry out day-to-day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP's operational warehouse procedures.
- Supervise warehouse laborers/ stackers by issuing appropriate instructions and guidelines during unloading/ loading operations at the warehouses.
- Physically / accurately, count all the units of commodities during unloading/ stacking operations into the warehouse and during loading / stacking operations on the trucks out of the warehouse.
- Ensure all received commodities are properly stacked in the warehouse in order to ensure easy access and accounting (especially during spot and/ or periodic stock-taking exercises).
- Assist assistant Storekeeper with issuing of the waybills for the commodities during dispatch/ loading operations and receiving/ checking waybills for commodities during receipt/ unloading operations.
- Keep track and audit warehouse records for all food and non-food item(s); received and dispatched on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. Report any discrepancies or absurd findings to the storekeeper/ Logistics Assistant.
- Supervise the re-weighing/ re-bagging activities for the spilled Items in the warehouse.
- Supervise the stackers/ cleaners by ensuring the warehouses are cleaned properly and when necessary.
Desired Experiences for entry into this role:
- Experience in conducting basic logistics activities (tallying).
- Experience in best practice warehouse management.
- Experience in commodity accounting.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a Service Contract for a period of 12 months.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
The deadline for submission of applications is 9th August 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.