- Design, install and configure internal and customer-facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, HP and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Diagram and document monitoring system solutions, configurations, and break/fix procedures.
- Analyze business requirements and design comprehensives, cost-effective enterprise-level solutions.
- Performs complex systems design, implementation and integration functions.
- Assists Engineers and oversee the development of long-term Global Enterprise roadmap.
- Provide specific, relevant reporting to process stakeholders in support of root cause analysis, risk and event mitigation and elimination, and automation.
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor/cross-train team members on existing and new technologies
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred
- Experience with design, implementation and support of monitoring tools in a complex, multi-platform environment.
- Experience with industry-standard OS – including, but not limited to Unix, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE, AIX, ESX/ESXi, and Windows.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional -CCNA/ CCNP MCITP Server
- Demonstrated ability with programming and scripting languages.
- Experience with the following is highly desirable - Perl & Python.
- Experience with Puppet, Git Ansible, Terraform are recommended.
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Demonstrated ability working with various database platforms.
- Ability to adjust priorities in rapidly changing environments; work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex ideas and designs to a variety of technical or non-technical stakeholders.
- Able to provide effective work support off-hours as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Experience with Orchestration Software and monitoring automation improvements.
- Experience with Open Source.
- Proficiency in Agile Development.
- Knowledge of application performance management and web-based technologies.
- Understanding of security and vulnerability best practice and design implications.