Key responsibilities and duties include;
- Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Directs and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Assists other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in the area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to evaluate and review a range of mainframe, PC, and distributed production and applications computer systems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in the area of speciality.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems development and programming.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards governing all aspects of the utilization of computer systems.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- A good Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certification/Licensure Cert Information Systems Auditor (CISA), OR Cert Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Cert Public Account (CPA) will be an added advantage
- Completed certificates from an accredited institution that are above the