- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and networks.
- Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances.
- Performing system upgrades/patches following new releases.
- Maintaining internal documentation of operational procedures, network equipment configurations, and inventory of IT assets.
- Performing account setup.
- Sustaining network integrity, server deployment, and security.
- Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Ensuring high-level security and efficiency resulting in 100% output.
- Ensuring adherence and strict compliance of defined IT security policies.
- Maintaining and administering antivirus solutions on all client and server end systems bank-wide and ensure that all systems antivirus protection software is up to date.
- Monitoring the bank’s firewall and other security devices to ensure there have been no breaches
- Monitoring, managing, and administering the bank messaging & collaboration infrastructure, network, operating systems, and other hardware infrastructure (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Proxy Server).
- Liaising with the service providers/vendors to ensure that outsourced functions are carried out according to pre-agreed service level agreements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows)
- Good working knowledge of Storage systems (NetApp, HP MSA, HP SAN Switch, NAS)
- Proficiency managing of Temenos T24 Core Banking Application (R16 and above)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Active Directory is required, as well as a deep understanding of networking protocols, components and procedures, LAN/WAN fundamentals, network management, and administration.
- Deep understanding of IT Systems and Network security approaches and techniques
- System Performance Tuning
- System Availability/ Recovery
- Negotiation & Relationship Management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Results-oriented and Proactive
- Service orientation. Customer satisfaction focus
- University degree or its equivalent. BSc/HND Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline etc.
- Possession of IT professional certification such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, MCP, CompTIA, Red hat, Ubuntu, Sophos, Mikrotik, etc. are added advantages.
- Three (3) years post qualification experience in a similar role
Key Performance Indicators:
- Network availability/downtime
- Cycle time to respond to and resolve network issues/problems
- Network Performance
- Number of internal customer complaints
- Number of successful intrusions into the organization's network
- Frequency of downtime due to virus attacks/outbreaks
- Frequency of virus attacks
- New IT security measures recommended
Salary Range: NGN150,000 - 250,000