- To supervise and follow-up under his discipline the Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities related to Nigerian Content (NC) packages, up to end of Construction and load-out/integration works.
- Prepares monitors and expedites structural fabrication, assembly and completion activities carried out by Contractor or subcontractors related to his discipline
- Assists the structural superintendent his duties covering all construction phases, including construction methods, yards prefabrications, construction, structural assembly and completion as related to his discipline. He attends meetings as required by his hierarchy. He implements his hierarchy instructions and organizes his inspection team accordingly.
- Ensure that all construction activities related to his discipline are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives
- Review procedures and site queries in due time related to structural at site.
- Monitor structural preparations for installation of equipment and/or structural assembly part including removal and re-instatement of deck/module.
- Carry out preliminary, basic and detailed engineering studies/in-house design for the Civil and Structural
- Reviews structural material certificates arrived at workshop together with QA/QC superintendent.
- Interface with Procurement Dept., Survey and Geomatics, and Projects & Construction sections for resolution of
- Civil and Structural Engineering concerns.
- Establish a smooth and efficient working relationship with CONTRACTOR.
- To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction site at all times.
- Attend the toolbox meetings.
- He participates in the preparation of As Built documentation.
- Promote the implementation of Project HSEQ management system and rules in all construction activities.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with 10-15 years cognate experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Proficiency in the use of relevant Computer Programs (AutoCAD, STAADPro, SACS)
- Proficient use of PDMS is an advantage
- Familiar with company's construction and QC procedures is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.