Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to enhance COVID-19 response reporting systems i.e., SORMAS and paper-based systems.
- Support the implementation of periodic (daily/weekly) data review meetings for rapid action methodology at the state level and across hierarchies,
- Conduct business analysis of user requirements on data collection systems and methodology within the states.
- Work with the stakeholders to facilitate and support reporting processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Generate daily and weekly reports on COVID-19 response in the state.
- Work with the State Epidemiologists, Data Analytics, and Visualization Specialists to develop and package state information products and briefs.
- Evaluate and assure system compliance with laws and regulations applicable to managing patient-level information.
- Serve as a technical backstop in data quality, data alignment exercises, and health informatics support at the state level in a multisectoral effort.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of state-level performance on key outputs and outcomes COVID19 indicators.
- Work with other implementing partners to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the SORMAS COVID-19 reporting system, DHIS2, EOC, and other platforms.
- Provide technical support and strengthen the capacity of the State EOC to develop analyses, profiles, briefs, and program bulletins on COVID 19 response in the state.
- Work on any other duties assigned per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master's degree in public health, statistics, health informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Experience working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred.
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Knowledge of project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to work well under pressure, skills in crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Proven skills in data analysis and data visualization with proficiency in statistical packages.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.