- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to empower customers to create a modernization journey roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies including Kubernetes, Azure PaaS services (e.g. App Service, Java, containers, serverless, cloud-native, etc.), and Application Development with low code options and DevOps and GitHub technologies as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit a “Well-Architected” framework, such as high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Run Architectural Design Session to build a plan for implementing the solution – governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment. The outcome is consensus on solution design and next steps toward production.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision-makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove blockers
- Trouble shoot technical issues to prove the value of the implementation of Azure technologies
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners · Collaborate with others in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities
- Build and grow developer communities by driving activities including OpenHacks, Workshops
- Personally, commit to generating and protecting Microsoft's trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- Embody our culture and values
- Professional Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Administrators, and Developers)
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud)
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud-native app hosting through software design, development, deployment, and app refactoring/migrations
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture, and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc.), API management, microservice frameworks, SDKs, etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD toolchains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio).
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred.
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD toolchains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Certification in one or more of the following programming languages preferred: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle Preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.