- Receives and welcomes the patient to the nursing unit.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients.
- Prepares a plan of nursing care for the patient and implement appropriate nursing interventions.
- Delivers prescribed treatment and medications in a safe manner and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Participates in health education to prepare the patient and family for discharge.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained and developed in line with best practice, research and are evidence-based.
- Be responsible for developing your own skills and knowledge and contribute to the development of others.
- Research, evaluate, learn and practice new trends in the industry.
- To be aware and abide by all rules and regulations of outreach.
- Examine and monitor pregnant women.
- Assess care requirements and write care plans.
- Undertake antenatal care in the hospital.
- Carry out screening tests for pregnant women.
- Provide information, emotional support, and reassurance to women and their partners.
- Take patient samples, pulses, temperatures, and blood pressures.
- Care for and assist women in labor.
- Monitor and administer medication, injections, and intravenous infusions during labor.
- Monitor the fetus during labor.
- Advice about and support parents in the daily care of their newborn babies. ∙ Help parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, and neonatal death.
- Maintain health records.
- Identify high-risk pregnancies.
- Carry out family planning activities for patients.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Appropriate nursing protocols and skills
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to learn
- Nurses that are above 7 years post double qualification are suitable. The higher the skills and experience, the higher the salary.
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing
- Registered Nurse and Midwifery.
- Updated membership of relevant professional institutions.
Salary range is N110,000 - N150,000.