Job title and overview:
- Liaise with the F&B Manager to plan menus considering probable number of guests, health and wellness conditions, popularity of various dishes and beverages.
- Oversee cooking - check methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods by tasting.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, and handling food & beverage deliveries.
- Provides leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement.
- Develop culinary team members through appropriate coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provide leadership and guidance to kitchen team in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals.
· Assists the F&B Manager with the management of the food outlet and maintain the highest levels of food service and quality for F&B Department.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of sanitation and cleaning schedules.
- Assist in Monitoring food quality and react quickly to complaints and resolve any issues to guest satisfaction.
- Ensure acceptable delivery times for orders and ensure utilization of checklists for consistency in quality and service delivery
- Hands-on-experience of preparing fresh and healthy food on a cook to order basis within a hotel/restaurant background.
- Absolute eyes for detail, creativity and passionate about food quality.
- Adhere to the up to date version of the Kitchen Procedure Manual and ensure compliance.
- Assist in training new hires, pertaining to all aspects and functions of the kitchen.
- Taste and visually inspect all prepared food made in the kitchen.
- Ensure that food, garnishes, and plate presentations are adhered to standard, amongst others.
Key deliverables include:
- Creativity in relation with healthy food preparation in order to exceed guests’ satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain a kitchen budget.
Experience required - A minimum of 6 years’ experience in:
· Menu planning, creative and innovative culinary skills and excellent preservation/treatment of food items.
· Abreast with latest trends in food, so as to regularly provide appealing menu to customers thereby increasing the client base.
· Maintain superior quality control.
- Certificate in arts or pastry school or restaurant management institution or
- Reasonable years work experience and training with creative and management ability.
Personal attributes required:
- A strong passion for cooking
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to deliver superior and consistent guest experience through food preparation, service standards and kitchen staff training.
- Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high standards of delivery.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to improve and promote quality.
- Self motivated and exhibit calmness under pressure, with a flexible approach.
- Strong commitment to team work and supporting the wider objectives of the Company.
Only Candidates with the required qualification, experience and attributes will be considered.