We are searching for an innovative, reliable sound engineer to join our team and work on a range of projects. You will work in the studio or manipulate sound at live events. Responsibilities include setting up and maintaining audio equipment, enhancing audio with appropriate sound effects, fixing sound-related issues, working with producers, singers, and other musicians, and completing projects to specifications. You should be able to offer creative input, but also follow written and verbal instructions.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Meeting with clients to determine the requirements and specifications of recordings or performances.
- Safely setting up, repairing, servicing, and replacing equipment when required.
- Manipulating and enhancing live and recorded audio.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Understanding briefs and making helpful suggestions if possible and appropriate.
- Editing and mixing audio to client specifications.
- Improvising props to produce required sounds.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in the field through ongoing training and networking with others in the industry.
- Building solid, professional relationships with other artists and clients.
- Proven record as a sound engineer
- Associate's degree or other relevant certification recommended.
- Record of participation in audiovisual projects is advantageous.
- Practical experience with recording, editing, and mixing software.
- Familiarity with audio mixing consoles, microphones, and equalizers.
- A good ear and creative spirit.
- Ability to follow instructions and remain professional under pressure.
- Sound troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.