- Working as part of a production line using small handheld tools, assembling circuit boards for electronic equipment.
- Ability to use a variety of tools in manufacturing electronics, aside from a soldering iron such as side cutters, pliers, and crimp tools.
Other duties include:
- Repairing circuit boards.
- Assembly processes include validation builds and engineering sample builds.
- The basic operation of network analyzers, continuity testers, and other test equipment.
- Use of precise measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges to make and record measurements.
- Monitor the safety of the work area and the functionality of assembly equipment and promptly report any problems to the Cell Leader or Supervisor.
- Perform rework, repair, and adjustment operations as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area according to established standards.
- Cutting components to fit the board.
- Testing finished boards to check functionality.