Who are we?
Koolboks is a start-up company based in France, with a branch in Nigeria. Koolboks is focused on bringing to life innovative environmentally sustainable products that make life easier for everyone. In the part of our international development, we are launching an amazing project: the Kooling Africa project. We know that refrigeration is key to achieving a number of sustainable development goals: health, nutrition,
and economic opportunities, reduce the burden on women...Yet, till this day, refrigeration remains unavailable in many parts of the developing world. Access to reliable refrigeration will become a major step up the energy access ladder for millions of households, but it will be a particularly difficult hurdle for the hundreds of millions of people who will get their power from off-grid energy systems. Although these systems, particularly “solar home systems (SHS)” are increasingly being used to provide lighting, cell-phone charging and TV for households in rural areas, refrigeration can require more than twice as much power as all other appliances combined, for most off-grid households.
This is where Koolboks come in ! Koolboks has created an affordable solution, the Koolhome, an off-grid solar-powered refrigeration system specifically made for Sub-Saharan homes and small businesses. As part of this amazing project, we are looking for our new Solar Project Engineer to join our great team.
Who we are looking for?
- Are you the type who absolutely loves juggling the coordination of multiple projects and staying on top of even the minutest details? Do you work best in an environment which is fast-paced with multiple priorities often coming your way? In fact, do you view your ideal workday as being so full that you blink, and suddenly the day is over? Do you also enjoy learning new things?
- Hopefully, what's more important to you though, is knowing that the work you do is contributing to the overall good of the environment and mankind, something you can truly feel proud of. Are you intrigued so far? If so, keep reading.....
What is your role?
Your role is to provide technical guidance and support during our solar cooling project development phases. You will also provide design and engineering solutions for our solar cooling systems. Ideally, you will have expertise or previous experiences with cooling systems (refrigeration, air conditioning, cooling).
Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Assist with schematic solar plant design, equipment selection and procurement
- Assist with project transition from the development/design phase to the construction phase
- Coordination with internal design engineers and construction the management team for overall project deliver
- Identify, assess and create project development opportunities in Sub Saharan
- Site analysis, utility interconnection, and conceptual design analysis
- Conduct market analysis and feasibility and risk assessment studies
- Lead the construction and integration of commercial Koolhome solar refrigerators
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously to meet the needs of all parties
- Assessing profitability of projects and successful development including the preparation of land for construction
If you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us. We are made up of passionate and hard-working people who care. We are not perfect, but we strive every day to be better than the day before.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria