- We are looking for a manager with experience managing software engineers to join our sustainability efforts in the Windows and Devices organization. In this role, the ideal candidate will lead a team of engineers who design, write, ship , and motivate the creation of engineering and data products that optimize the energy emissions from the 1B+ Windows user base.
- The ideal candidate will forge partnerships with others across the engineering and program management disciplines, and with our insider ecosystem to drive improvements into the release of Windows.
- Finally, as a senior member of the team, the right candidate will have the opportunity to take on technical leadership roles and drive scenarios across teams, mentor and foster younger, less experienced engineers, and create and maintain a culture and environment that engenders diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant industry software design and development experience working with a major programming/scripting language (C++, C#, Java, Python)
- 3+ years demonstrated experience of being a people manager/team leader
- Strong design, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
- Ability to resolve ambiguities effectively, prioritize and drive projects to completion, prioritize between multiple needs and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated history of promoting engineering excellence within a team; design for reliability, testing, measurement, and understanding of the complete software lifecycle
- Attention to detail; passion for great design
- Obsession for great end-user experiences and outcomes
- Ability to grow and maintain organizational and interpersonal relationships
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.