- Lead and manage the Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team
- Work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
- Work with contributors and working groups to maintain the smooth operation of the open-source software lifecycle, including repository management, contributions workflow, code review, CI/CD, release engineering, and defect resolution.
- Guide the selection and management of collaboration and development tools used by the community working groups and technical committees, in cooperation with their chairs and steering committees.
- Participate in Technology and ecosystem council meetings and other governance processes
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with current and potential partners in the context of leading Open Source Projects
- Develop and execute collaboration strategy for key projects as well as co-marketing campaigns and communication plans
- You have experience with technology strategy, development, architecture
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- You have experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source and technical in nature
- Hands-on expertise with repository management in GitHub, release engineering, and modern development practices.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Minimum 9-10 years software development experience
- At least 5 years in Open Source management and community relations
- 5 plus years in qualitative Analysis and Project Management
- A high level of technical understanding and experience in implementing and launching open source projects
- BSc/MSc in Software Development Discipline, Technical Engineering or Math Discipline. This is highly desirable however significant experience in these disciplines will not require the degree
- MBA is a plus