Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Competencies
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of a University degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of coding languages such as C# and ASP.NET
- Good understanding of Webforms, MVC, and ASP.NET Core
- Web API/REST API Services building, utilization, and integration
- Mobile Application development, Native language, including use of Xamarin.
- Good understanding of versioning.
- Relevant experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Extensive experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience in project deployment and maintenance.
- Knowledge of UML/Use Cases
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later
Competencies and Skills:
- Project management skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Good team working skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude coupled with focus and follow-through attitude
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Attention to detail
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Document and analyze requirements and specifications.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Transform software designs and specifications into high-functioning code in the appropriate language.
- Formulate program application functional and not functional specifications and produce basic prototypes as part of Proof of Concept (PoC)
- Produce clean, efficient code based on client specifications using both functional and non-functional user requirements.
- Conduct/develop complete software applications with all required documentation based on requirements and specifications.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs/applications to meet specifications.
- Verify and deploy software programs and systems based on requirements and specifications.
- Conduct system testing and validation procedures and document outcomes as part of SDLC.
- Modify the software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, and/or upgrade software applications, their components, and interfaces.
- Work closely with analysts, designers, and other staff on software projects.
- Deploy computer software programs and evaluate user feedback on performance and fit for purpose
- Integrate individual software solutions to higher-level systems including third party systems
- Use web-based tools to create advanced Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) when applicable
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and performs debugging where required.
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient.
- Collaborate with technical writers to create documentation for user support.