- The successful candidate will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which includes gathering and analysing user/business system requirements
- creating application system models
- participating in design meetings
- consulting with stakeholders to refine
- test and debug programs to meet business needs and interacting with third party partners in achieving business and technology initiatives.
- The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and has experience with multiple coding languages.
- The successful candidates is expected to be a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills, and are able to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders.
S/He must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models in the fintech space
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Has mentored junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Deep understanding of distributed data model
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems.
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
Essential attributes and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of C# using Visual Studio using Webforms, MVC and Entity Framework
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT and SVN
- Working knowledge of IIS
- Experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) and/or server-side Java programming with Web 1.0 MVC frameworks and experience in JEE technologies like Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, Web Services, JMS, JAXB.
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required
- 3+ years of experience designing and building production-level applications in a commercial environment
- You are passionate about creating modern looking and easy to use mobile/web applications.
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies
- You are an organized individual who has attention to detail.
- You are an excellent communicator, fluent in English, both written and oral.
- You possess well developed analytical and problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
Hours: 40 hour a week (generally between Mon – Fri 9:00am - 6:00pm)
Location: Victoria Island Extension