-Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan. Knowledge of crisis intervention
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.