Is that you? Fun, vibrant, special, sharp as a pin? Are you the one who can explain the most complex things in the simplest ways? When you write the story, does it grab the most attention? Have you been dreaming of a career in New Media? Have you begun looking for and seizing every opportunity to obtain the professional experience to build a career as a communicator?
Pearls Africa is seeking to fill the role of a Social Media Assistant (Volunteer). Under the supervision of the Operations and Programs Manager, the Social Media Assistant (Volunteer) will provide technical assistance in social media monitoring, digital content production and information dissemination linked to all aspects of Pearls Africa’s work.
Pearls Africa is a path breaking organization that is utterly, soulfully and unapologetically sold out on transforming learning to empower Africa. In the last seven years of award-winning and internationally celebrated work, Pearls Africa has prepared young girls and women for a greater future through I.T. training, skills acquisition, internships and mentorships.
1. Develop and implement a social media monitoring and trends management action plan for Pearls Africa, taking into consideration all organizational initiatives and partnership efforts.
2. Produce social media content and disseminate consistently and effectively.
3. In the context of the action plan, integrate information, most common trends and identify additional segments to be developed for social media monitoring and content production.
4. Through online monitoring tools, identify social justice campaigns, STEM drives and highly-assessed conversation threads for Pearls Africa input.
5. Identify thought-leaders and social justice influencers in order to engage them with information about Pearls Africa.
6. Design polls and analyze the information collected to identify the most common source of information for target audiences and to assess the level of information penetration.
7. Produce reports highlighting key issues/ topics/ concerns raised and addressed, providing recommendations for better engagement.
8. Participate in and contribute to Pearls Africa’s and partner’s events and activities.
9. Contribute content to the various reporting requirements including, but not limited to, daily posts, weekly updates and any other communication needs of Pearls Africa.
10. Document the lessons learnt and best practices in social media monitoring and trends tracking.
1. Proven ability to work independently.
2. Natural curiosity and honesty.
3. Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
4. Experience in social media monitoring and/or digital listening or experience with social media management and influencing.
5. Excellent planning and coordination skills.
6. Graphics design and/or multimedia content production skills are a plus.
7. Experience in marketing research is a plus.