Reporting to the Project Manager, the incumbent will:
- Monitor assigned construction workstreams on-site; ensuring that all workers deliver to expected high standards and on time.
- Quality control inspection of all finishing materials delivered to site by suppliers and subcontractors, rejecting defective items.
- Assist the Project Manager to identify suitable sub-contractors for certain aspects of the construction work.
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors as requested, and ensure that their work is delivered on time and to agreed standards.
- Provide project status updates to management on a regular basis. Determine and schedule various stages of the building process
- Bachelor degree in Civil engineering or Architecture or related subjects
- HSE qualification
SKILLS & EXPERINCE
- The ideal candidate will possess substantial 2 years of experience in site work; particularly in supervising subcontractors at the finishing stages of construction.
- Must have previous related experience in a construction or architectural firm
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to spot and fix potential design flaws
- Must be able to balance technical skills and creative aptitude in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Highly organized
- Strict adherence to deadlines