Reporting to the Project Manager, the incumbent will:
· Monitor assigned construction workstreams on site; ensuring that all workers deliver to expected high standards and on time.
· Quality control inspection of all finishing materials delivered to site by suppliers and subcontractors, rejecting defected items.
· Assist Project Manager when requested, to identify, suitable sub-contractors for certain aspects of the construction work.
· Coordinate and direct subcontractors as requested; and ensure that their work is delivered on time and to agreed standards.
· Provide project status updates to management on a regular basis. Determine and schedule various stages of the building process
Education & Qualification,
· Bachelors or HND in Civil engineering or Architecture or related subjects
· Project management qualification
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess substantial experience in site work; particularly in supervising subcontractors at the finishing stages of a construction.
· Must have previous related experience in a construction or architectural firm
· Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to spot and fix potential design flaws
· Must be able to balance technical skills and creative aptitude in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
· Highly organized
· Strict adherence to deadlines