- Industry reputable client urgently requires experienced Project site Engineers within the Construction Industry to join and manage projects currently taking place nationwide.
- Project Site Administration
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Preparing the sites and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before/after construction work start.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project work.
- Maintains safe, secure, and a healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Involved in multi rise buildings
- Ability to prepare and deliver an efficient site report.
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth workflows.
- Risk assessment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The position requires demonstration of a high level of professional competence, personal integrity and site leadership capabilities.
- Must possess a good degree in Building or Civil Engineering with at least 5 - 7 years proven experience in Build, civil and infrastructure projects, including 3-5 years proven experience in a multi-project environment within a major construction company.
- Ability to use relevant Engineering design software(s) to generate Civil/Structural drawings and calculations.
- Current knowledge of industry practice and techniques; especially conditions of contract and documentation as it relates with pre and post contract processes.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies an advantage
- High level of analytical, financial, communication and negotiation skills necessary with proficiency in MS Project, Excel and CAD system