SITE ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
EMPLOYMENT TYPE & PERIOD
Term Contract for 8 Months
N120,000 – N150,000 per month
Construction & Planning
Reporting to the Project Manager, the incumbent will:
- Monitor assigned construction workstreams on site; ensuring that all workers deliver to expected high standards and on time.
- Quality control inspection of all finishing materials delivered to site by suppliers and subcontractors, rejecting defected items.
- Assist Project Manager when requested, to identify, suitable sub-contractors for certain aspects of the construction work.
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors as requested; and ensure that their work is delivered on time and to agreed standards.
- Provide project status updates to management and stakeholders on a regular basis. Determine and schedule various stages of the building process
Education & Qualification,
- Bachelors or HND in Civil engineering or related subject
- COREN Certified
- Project management qualification will be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess substantial experience in site work; particularly in supervising subcontractors at the finishing stages of a construction.
- Minimum 3 years post degree work experience at a construction Firm
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to spot and fix potential design flaws
- Must be able to balance technical skills and creative aptitude in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to manage their own time
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Highly organized
- Must be willing to work occasionally long hours
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
- Considerable knowledge of modern building construction methods and materials and of the preparation of specifications