To manage all electrical projects efficiently and effectively for the Bank nationwide in liaison with the Area General Services Managers ensuring that project charters are accomplished in conformance to international and professional standards.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring Bank’s Electrical projects in Lagos and environs, and nationwide in liaison with the General Services Officers to ensure strict adherence to Nigeria Electricity Board regulations and International Electrical Engineering (IEE) regulations, and conformance to approved project specifications for timely project delivery and maintenance services.
- Lead in initiating all medium and long term capital improvement projects using cutting edge technology in consonance with Local/international professional and certification bodies such as IEE, ISO, IFMA,NSE, COREN.
- Participate in selection, training, motivation, and evaluation of personnel in the unit; work with employees to correct deficiencies; initiate disciplinary procedures in accordance to Banks employee handbook.
- Analyse internal customer requests pertaining to electrical faults, provide technical advice/solutions and initiate proposals for Management approvals.
- Manage and coordinate the work plan for maintenance of access control, security surveillance and building automation systems, at the Head Office and electrical building services in Lagos area and at branches nationwide in liaison with the Area General Services Managers.
- Oversee the management of electrical power, cooling equipment, safety/security upgrade and improvement projects at the data center (Head Office) and data recovery centers (Abuja and Iganmu) to achieve mission critical systems availability.
- Oversee the management of electrical store spares and initiate requests to obtain Management approval for re-stocking the store as well as vet store reports quarterly for the Head Engineering Services approval and forward same to Financial Control department.
- Oversee the management of telecommunications equipment/operations at the Head Office, Annexes and Bankwide.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing the Business Continuity Plans (BCP) of the Bank’s service Providers handling electrical, safety and datacenter services – in conjunction with the Bank;s Vendor Management policy.
- Remote risk management of electrical and safety equipment as well as datacenter power and cooling services to ensure maximum service uptime.
- Submit reports on electrical projects in the sub-unit to the Head Engineering Services.
- Supervise the preparation of contractors’ quarterly and annual performance metrics for the purpose of evaluating the contractor’s performance.
- Endorsement of Bank electrical designs for the purpose of obtaining Government/Professional bodies approval.
- Review valuation certificates, claims, final accounts and completion certificates for new projects and recommend for payment to the Head Engineering Services.
- Liaise with Utilities Companies and Government Agencies such as NCC, DISCOS, NERC, Environmental and signage agencies.
- Propose policy improvement processes for the department to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborate with M&CC in the design of the Bank’s signages.
- Manage the component/material design, construction and installation of the Bank’s branded signage’s
- Manage the maintenance Service Level Agreement (SLA) with contractors handling electrical protection infrastructure, signages, LV/HT panels, sub-distribution panels, transformers, Security doors, CCTV surveillance, access control, building automation systems, data center and other critical facilities.
- Monitor, control and evaluate performance of electrical and safety operations and ensure control measures are not violated.
- Attend and participate in professional group (Project Management, Engineering Management, Facilities management, Business continuity, Information Security) meetings; probing new trends and innovations in engineering; research emerging products and enhancements and their applicability to the Banks operational needs.
- Contribute in the planning, design, and implementation of the branch/QSP deployment project as a member of the Branch deployment implementation committee.
- Represent the department in the embedding of Business Continuity.
- Represent the department in the implementation of Information Security policy
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- First degree in Engineering, COREN registration etc. Higher Degrees/Professional Certifications (an added advantage)
- Minimum experience: 8 years relevant experience needed
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.